Wednesday 24 January 2024

023 - January 23 2024 - axtric

Axtric, the brother I left behind me,
though only slightly later would he be
when we were born, on the same day, and in
the same bed, such as all lives must begin,
we lived different, and I had to wander
and he, poor lad, was made to surrender
to the concerns of dying parents, and
and their growing dementia, while I, grand
and stately in my offices of court
place myself among the noblest sort.

Long did I think that this brother of mine,
who once was my mirror, although some time
has passed, and I hear that he is still thin,
was in every respect the lesser twin,
but now I doubt, for here among the best
I trust no one, and each day is a test
of diplomacy and safety, equal,
where no misstep will deserve a sequel
yet Axtric has none he lives in fear of
the simple seek only friendship and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment